Public participation during a Board of Supervisors meeting is encouraged and members of the public have the option to make a public comment telephonically or in writing. Refer to the published meeting agenda posted 72-hours prior to each meeting to view current meeting procedures. In compliance with directives of the County, State, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Board of Supervisors meeting is broadcast live and closed to in-person public attendance pursuant to guidelines related to social distancing and minimizing person-to-person contact. Meeting procedures are subject to change based on the recommended public health and safety guidelines.
The Health Officer of the County of Sacramento has directed that face coverings shall be worn, regardless of vaccination status, over the mouth and nose, in all indoor public settings, venues, gatherings, and workplaces, including State and local government offices serving the public. A face covering includes a face mask or a face shield.
Speaker Time Limits
In the interest of facilitating the conduct of the County's business, members of the public (speakers) who wish to address the legislative body during the meeting will have specific time limits as enumerated below. Consent matters are acted upon as one unit, while Public Hearings and separate matters are acted upon individually.
Each speaker shall limit his/her remarks to the specified time allotment, as follows:
Speakers will have 2-minutes total for a single and/or multiple consent item(s)
- Speakers will have 2-minutes total for each hearing item
- Speakers will have 2-minutes total for each separate item
- Speakers will have 2-minutes total for any matter not on the posted agenda
Telephone Public Comment
On the day of the meeting dial (916) 875-2500 to make a verbal public comment (follow the prompts for instructions). Refer to the agenda and listen to the live meeting to determine when is the best time to call to be placed in queue for a specific agenda item. Callers may be on hold for up to an extended period of time and should plan accordingly. When the Chairperson opens public comment for a specific agenda item or off-agenda matter, callers will be transferred from the queue into the meeting to make a verbal comment. Each agenda item queue will remain open until the public comment period is closed for that specific item.
- Send an email comment to BoardClerk@saccounty.net. Include meeting date and agenda item number or off-agenda item. Contact information is optional.
- Mail a comment to 700 H Street, Suite 2450, Sacramento, CA 95814. Include meeting date and agenda item number or off-agenda item. Contact information is optional.
- Written comments are distributed to members and filed in the record.
- Live on Metrocable 14 Comcast, Consolidated Communications and AT&T U-Verse television channels.
- Webcast live at metro1 4live.saccounty.gov.
- Each meeting is rebroadcast. Refer to the agenda for the rebroadcast day and time.
Agenda & Material
How To Add An Item On The Agenda
- Matters to be presented at Board meetings are coordinated three weeks in advance and published on the Board's agenda. To request to place an item on the agenda, submit the request to BoardClerk@saccounty.net no later than three weeks (3 weeks) prior to the meeting date. Agenda item requests are forwarded to the Chairperson for consideration and review. The agenda is compiled and published by the Clerk of the Board.
- Requests for accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) should be made with the Clerk's Office by telephone at (916) 874-5411 (voice) and CA Relay Services 711 (for the hearing impaired) or email at BoardClerk@saccounty.net prior to the meeting.
Questions Or Assistance
County Administration Center
700 H Street, Board Chambers (Room 1450)
Sacramento, CA 95814