The Board of Supervisors fosters public engagement during the meeting and encourages public participation, civility and use of courteous language. The Board does not condone the use of profanity, vulgar language, gestures or other inappropriate behavior including personal attacks or threats directed towards any meeting participant.
In compliance with directives of the County, State, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the meeting will be live stream and open to public attendance pursuant to health and safety guidelines. The practice of social distancing and wearing of face coverings (mask or shield) is recommended for the health and safety of all persons participating in person during the meeting although it is not required. Seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Speaker Time Limits
In the interest of facilitating the conduct of the County's business, members of the public (speakers) who wish to address the legislative body during the meeting will have specific time limits as enumerated below. Consent matters are acted upon as one unit, while Public Hearings and separate matters are acted upon individually. Matters not on the posted agenda will be discussed in accordance with the order of the agenda. Speakers should not expect Board members to comment on or respond to comments directly during the meeting. The Board may request county staff to follow up with a speaker or provide additional information after the meeting or at a later date.
The Chairperson, at their discretion, may increase or decrease the time allocation. Each speaker shall limit remarks to the specified time allotment as follows:
- Speakers will have 2-minutes total for a single and/or multiple consent item(s)
- Speakers will have 2-minutes total for each hearing item
- Speakers will have 2-minutes total for each separate item
- Speakers will have 2-minutes total for any matter not on the posted agenda
In-Person Public Comment
- Speakers will be required to complete and submit a speaker request form to Clerk staff. The Chairperson will invite each individual to the podium to make a verbal comment.
Telephone Public Comment
On the day of the meeting dial (916) 875-2500 to
make a verbal public comment (follow the prompts for instructions). Refer to
the agenda and listen to the live meeting to determine when is the best time to
call to be placed in queue for a specific agenda item. Callers may be on hold
for up to an extended period of time and should plan accordingly. When the
Chairperson opens public comment for a specific agenda item or off-agenda
matter, callers will be transferred
from the queue into the meeting to make a verbal comment. Each agenda item
queue will remain open until the public comment period is closed for that
- Send an email comment to BoardClerk@saccounty.net. Include meeting date and agenda item number or off-agenda item. Contact information is optional.
- Mail a comment to 700 H Street, Suite 2450, Sacramento, CA 95814. Include meeting date and agenda item number or off-agenda item. Contact information is optional.
- Written comments are distributed to members and filed in the record.
- Live on Metrocable 14 Comcast, Consolidated Communications and AT&T U-Verse television channels.
- Webcast live at metro1 4live.saccounty.gov.
- Each meeting is rebroadcast. Refer to the agenda for the rebroadcast day and time.
Agenda & Material
How To Add An Item On The Agenda
- Matters to be presented at Board meetings are coordinated three weeks in advance and published on the Board's agenda. To request to place an item on the agenda, submit the request to BoardClerk@saccounty.net no later than three weeks (3 weeks) prior to the meeting date. Agenda item requests are forwarded to the Chairperson for consideration and review. The agenda is compiled and published by the Clerk of the Board.
- If there is a need for an accommodation pursuant to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), medical reasons or for other needs, please contact the Clerk of the Board by telephone at (916) 874-5411 (voice) and CA Relay Services 711 (for the hearing impaired) or email at Boardclerk@saccounty.net prior to the meeting.
Questions Or Assistance
County Administration Center
700 H Street, Board Chambers (Room 1450)
Sacramento, CA 95814